Below knee Amputee exercise program
- Lie on your stomach keeping your thigh on the bed, bend your knee as far as possible. Hold for 10 seconds and then straighten your knee.
- Lie on your back. From the thighs of both legs, tie it tightly with the theraband and while doing this, open your legs sideways. Hold for 5 seconds and relax.
- Lie on your side and bend the bottom leg. Keep hips and top leg in line with your body then slowly lift your top leg up, keeping your knee straight. Hold for 10 seconds then slowly lower your leg.
- Lie on your back, place a towel roll or thin pillow on the inside of your legs. Firmly tighten the towel with your legs. Hold for 10 seconds and relax.
- Lie down by bending your non-amputee knee on your back. Place your hand under your waist. Press the hollow part of your waist to the floor, hold it for 10 seconds, and relax.
- Lie in the same way. Raise your back to your shoulder blades by extending your arms forward. Start the movement 5 times, add 1 every day, and do it 15 times.
- Lie on your back. Lift your non-amputee leg with the knee straight. While pulling the non-amputated leg with your hands towards you, press the amputated side towards the floor. Hold for 10 seconds and relax.
Above knee (Transfemoral) Amputee exercise program
- Lie flat on your stomach and then lift your leg off the bed as far as you can. Hold for 10 seconds, slowly lower your leg. Be sure to keep hips flat on the bed and do not roll your body.
- Lie on your back, bent your non-amputee knee, and keep your foot on the ground and amputated leg extended. The amputated leg is raised to the other knee level without bending the knee, and here it is counted up to 10. The leg is lowered slowly again without bending the knee.
- Lie on your side and lift your leg 45-60 degrees and held until it counts to 10 toward the ceiling. Keep your knee pointed forward. Return to the starting position.